Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Letters to my Baby | I

You have been in the womb-

about 25 weeks- I don't feel you too often yet

but I know you are there.

I took you and Jackson swimming last night.

I think you are going to really like your older brother.

He has suggested we name you Super Diper- But that is only 

because he got the spelling of diaper wrong.

Don't worry- that is a normal name referral from anyone 

about that age. And as thoughtful as it may be, 

we will not be naming you Super Diper- 

But you may hear it more in the next couple months.

I have craved grapefruit and citrus throughout this entire pregnancy.

My husband is a saint and makes 

tomatillo salsa on demand.

And it's amazing. 

When he was little, everyone asked his mother 

if he was her Mexican Baby. 

He has olive skin and darker hair.


This was much different from the other 5 children she raised.

They had lighter skin, lighter hair and eyes.

This is a photo of your daddy 4 weeks old and 2 days:

Because he was Jack the third, he was nicked named:

Jackie, whom his siblings and mother still address him by.

My favorite photo of your dad is this one, he was two here:

Now my baby,

I want you to know that if you don't look Mexican, it will be okay.

If you look like a Hansen, I think we will survive.

I just wanted to write you and let you know, 
that we are so excited for your 
arrival this Spring.

In the meantime, 
your daddy will keep practicing his voice over talent
on my belly.

And I will write to you to enjoy the moments and 
all the new things that come along with motherhood.

xoxo





2 comments:

  1. Aw man, the moving is the best and worst part for me. Love reading your thoughts so far - I will continue a campaign for more. As usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful soul. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete